Marine Engineering Society
General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University
Who We Are...
The Marine Engineering Society (MR ES) of General Sir John Kotelawala Defense University was established in 2020 by the Department of Marine Engineering. It serves as a platform to develop professional Marine Engineers, and to enhance the teamwork and leadership skills of the undergraduates. Since then it has been adding vivid experiences to the student life and a greater platform for the undergraduates by organizing guest lectures, workshops, competitions, social outreach activities, industrial day and exhibitions with the blessings of the university. These activities increase the creativity and soft skills of the students and facilitates the development of a Marine Engineer that responsible to the society.
Why Do We Exist ...
"To provide motivation and guidance to engineering undergraduates to become self-capable
and team capable engineers by improving their competencies including academic,
technical, communicational and social aspects"
- To introduce modern and trending concepts in different engineering aspects to undergraduates.
- To increase the exposure to the industrial and research environment.
- To encourage undergraduates to enter the reach culture in military, government, and private sectors
- To enhance and improve academic performances and self-learning skills of the undergraduates.
- To improve the interest in community services through CSR projects
Clean Drinking Water for CKDu Impacted Community in Ulpathwewa VillageThe Marine Engineering Society (MRES) combined with the Department of Marine Engineering (DOMR) installed a new Reverse Osmosis (RO) water purification plant at Ulpathwewa Raja Maha Viharaya, Ulpathwewa, Kanthale on 23rd August 2022. ....
SVC No: NRE4259
SVC No: 6113
SVC No: 6371
SVC No: 6084
SVC No: 6366
|KTS De Soyza
SVC No: 6084
SVC No: 6377