The Student Branch Chapter of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) at General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University (KDU) hosted the "Knowledge Odyssey: Unraveling Engineering Horizons" workshop series and it was sponsored by the IEEE EMBS Sri Lanka Chapter and Twinery innovations by MAS. This workshop series had 3 workshops as Embarking Innovation, Innovation Unmasked and Moral Matrix which were held on 3 separate days.
Day 01 – Embarking Innovation
The speaker: Dr. Vidura Jayasooriya - IEEE EMBS Sri Lanka Chapter, Chairman.
- The workshop was held on 10th of January 2024 via zoom from 3.00 p.m. onwards.
- The aim of the workshop was to educate the audience on selection of a research topic, guidance on final year research projects and mini projects (mainly focusing on the Final year – Intake 38 and 3rd Year – Intake 39 Biomedical Engineering Undergraduates).
Day 02 – Innovation Unmasked
The speaker: Ms. Kaushalya Perera - IP Consultant at MAS Twinery.
- The workshop was held on 18th of January 2024 at 7-1 Lecture Hall, Faculty of Engineering, KDU from 3.00 p.m. onwards.
- The aim of the workshop was to educate the audience on Intellectual Property, guidelines for selecting novel topics, securing projects, research protecting information and software tools for project security.
Day 03 – Moral Matrix
The speaker: Mr. Keerthi Kodithuwakku – Chief Executive Officer at Effective Solutions (Pvt) Ltd, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer at Jendo Innovations.
- The workshop was held on 23rd of January 2024 at 4-1 Lecture Hall, Faculty of Engineering, KDU from 3.00 p.m. onwards.
- The workshop was about Regulatory aspects of medical devices and FDA clearance.
The workshop series has proven to be an immensely enriching and captivating experience for its audience, delving into the intricate realms of biomedical engineering. Participants have found the sessions not only educational but also remarkably engaging, as the workshops have adeptly tackled rare yet crucial topics within the field. Attendees expressed gratitude for the unique insights gained, highlighting the workshops as a pivotal resource in expanding their knowledge base and staying abreast of the latest developments in this dynamic and vital field.