The programme is conducted by well qualified internal and external academic staff, having specialization in a variety of distinct sub-disciplines within Aeronautical Engineering field. Further, this programme promotes research culture, industry collaboration and development of the aviation field both locally and internationally.
Successful completion of the Aeronautical Engineering degree programme will lead to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Engineering in Aeronautical Engineering, and prepares students to confidently take on positions as competent Aeronautical Engineers in the Aviation and Aircraft Design and Manufacturing industry. In case of military students, it prepares the Officer Cadets for a wide variety of assignments in research and development, testing and operations in the discipline of the Sri Lanka Air Force.
Total GPA Credits: 135
Total NGPA Credits: 15
Total MGPA Credits: 35
Programme Educational Objectives:
To produce outstanding Aeronautical Engineering graduates who are capable of
- Applying their knowledge and skills to solve relevant engineering problems in the disciple of Aeronautical Engineering.
- Successfully performing in industry, Military, private practice, or government, or will have pursued advanced graduate studies.
- Envisaging innovative ways to develop and apply new technologies in relation to Aeronautical Engineering.
- Functioning well in teams, communicate well, continue enhancing their professional competence, and understand the impact of engineering solutions.
To nurture Aeronautical Engineering graduates who will be able to;
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, basic sciences and engineering sciences to Aeronautical Engineering practices.
- Problem Analysis: Investigate and analyze complex Aeronautical Engineering problems with scientific research methods and engineering knowledge.
- Design / Development of solutions: Design systems, components and processes complying with relevant standards.
- Investigations: Conduct investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge and research methods
- Modern Tool Usage: Apply computational, laboratory, field techniques and IT tools in Aeronautical Engineering activities.
- The Engineer and Society: Assess social, health, safety, legal and cultural issues related to Aeronautical Engineering practices and propose integrated solutions.
- Sustainability & Environment: Provide practical and sustainable solutions for Aeronautical Engineering problems.
- Ethics: Conduct engineering practices while adhering to professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Individual and Team Work: Function as an individual and as a leader or a member in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Communication: Communicate effectively with engineering community and the society at large.
- Project Management and Finance: Apply knowledge of management and business practices in the Aeronautical Engineering context.
- Life-long learning: Engage in continuous professional development and life- long learning