AIM OF THE DEPARTMENT
To produce engineering graduates who possess core Mechanical Engineering competencies fitting into a multidisciplinary setup, and capable of facing diverse challenges in the Tri-services, Industry, Academia and Entrepreneurship giving due attention to social, ethical and environmental concerns.
To be an indispensable organization in Mechanical Engineering education with zeal to provide the value driven platform for students to acquire knowledge and empower themselves shoulder higher responsibilities in the development of the nation.
- To promote Mechanical Engineering education and research by providing quality education, keeping phase with time and technology.
- To produce graduates who are practitioners of engineering, concerned with applying scientific knowledge, mathematics, and ingenuity to develop solutions for engineering problems.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, basic sciences and engineering sciences to Mechanical Engineering practices.
- Investigate and analyze complex problems with scientific research methods and engineering knowledge.
- Provide practical and sustainable solutions for Mechanical Engineering problems.
- Design systems, components and processes complying with relevant standards.
- Apply computational, laboratory, field techniques and IT tools in engineering activities.
- Assess social, health, safety, legal and cultural issues related to Mechanical Engineering practices and propose integrated solutions.
- Function as an individual and as a leader or a member in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Communicate effectively with engineering community and the society at large.
- Conduct engineering practices while adhering to professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Apply knowledge of management and business practices in the Mechanical Engineering context.
- Comprehend and prepare technical reports and documentation, make effective presentations.
- Engage in continuous professional development and life- long learning