B.Sc. Eng. – 4 years full time course
This degree programme is conducted for civilian undergraduates in affiliation with SriLankan Airlines. The undergraduates will follow the EASA certified B 1.1 or B2 course for the first two years at SriLankan College (SLAC) and upon successful completion they will continue another one and half years of academic at KDU. The final six months of the degree programme will be conducted at SLAC as internship/OJT. On successful completion of this degree graduates will be competent in aircraft maintenance in Mechanical or Avionics field and eligible to obtain BSc in Aircraft Maintenance degree. Further graduates are eligible to obtain EASA licence with further two years practical experience in the aircraft maintenance field.
Total GPA Credits: 120
Total NGPA Credits: 13
Programme Educational Objectives:
To produce outstanding Aircraft Maintenance Engineering graduates who are capable of
- Applying their knowledge and skills to solve relevant technical problems in the context of Aircraft Maintenance.
- Meeting the industry demand for maintaining both commercial aircraft fleets keeping in par with the regulations set forth by airworthiness authorities.
- Envisaging innovative ways to develop and apply new technologies in relation to Aircraft Maintenance.
- Functioning well in teams, communicate well, continue enhancing their professional competence, and understand the impact of maintenance solutions.
- Competency to pursue Type Rating under licensing.
Intended Learning Outcomes:
- Technical Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, basic sciences and engineering sciences to Aircraft Maintenance Licensing practices.
- Problem Analysis: Investigate and analyze complex problems with scientific research methods and technical knowledge.
- Design / Development of solutions: Troubleshoot systems, components and processes complying with relevant standards.
- Investigations: Conduct investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge and research methods
- Modern Tool Usage: Apply computational, laboratory, field techniques and IT tools in technical activities.
- The Technician and Society: Assess social, health, safety, legal and cultural issues related to Aircraft Maintenance Technical practices and propose integrated solutions.
- Sustainability & Environment: Provide practical and sustainable solutions for Aircraft Maintenance problems.
- Ethics: Conduct technical practices while adhering to professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Individual and Team Work: Function as an individual and as a leader or a member in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Communication: Communicate effectively with technical community and the society at large.
- Project Management and Finance: Apply knowledge of management and business practices in the Aircraft Maintenance context.
- Life – long learning: Engage in continuous professional development and life- long learning